Monday, May 16, 2022

Bishopstone Yarns episode 14

 Bishopstone yarns podcast episode 14 is now up on youtube. This episode is a sit and spin chat where I talk about my next spinning and knitting venture.

I want to spin up and then knit the Birkin by Caitlin Hunter. I just have to decide if I will use my morrit fleece or a white fleece as the base for the spinning before I over dye my yarn for the Birkin.  The Morrit fleece refers to a Tasmanian stock line of sheep that were bred on the East coast of Tasmania for their brown fleece. Using a coloured fleece as the base for dyeing will give a richer colour for this project but I am not sure if it will create too dark a colour for the main body of the jumper.

I think I may have to do some experimenting to see how the colours look.





I hope you enjoyed this episode of the Bishopstone yarns episode. Thankyou for joining me. I would like to thank everyone for joining me on my crafting journey and I always love to hear what everyone else is making. 

No comments:

Post a Comment